South Africa: The SALGA Infrastructure Delivery, Spatial Transformation and Sustainability Portfolio are for the next three days inducting Councillors from the municipalities within the province at eManzana Badplaas.
The Councillor Portfolio Based Induction and development programme is aimed at enriching Councillors on the following portfolios:
• Planning, Infrastructure, Land Use Management & Spatial Transformation
• Waste Management
• Special Programs and Social/ Community Development, and
• Disaster Risk Management & Fire Services
• Municipal Health Services
The participants that are at the induction have been divided into three(3) workstreams which focus on Built Environment, Inclusive Communities and Municipal Sustainability and are receiving theme-based training in parallel sessions.
The sessions are mainly focusing on:
- Parallel session 1 – Municipal transport and roads presented by SALGA and the National Rail Safety Regulator, the Extended Public Works Programme.
- Parallel session 2 – Special Programmes, Social Development and Mainstreaming presented by SALGA, Department of Women, Children and People with Disabilities, Department of Social Development, and South African National AIDS Council (SANAC).
- Parallel session 3 – Environmental Governance and Impact Management, Air Quality Management and Disaster Management & Fire Service presented by SALGA, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development, Mpumalanga Department of Co-operative Governance & Traditional Affairs Provincial Disaster Management Center.