South Africa, Mpumalanga: The MEC for Education, Bonakele Majuba, will on Tuesday, 11th April 2023 at 08H00 undertake a visit to the Provincial Early Childhood Development Institute (ECDI) which is situated in Bohlabela District.
The ECDI was established by the Department to professionalize the Early Childhood Development Sector through training. Since its inception, the ECDI has capacitated 1300 Early Childhood Practitioners on NQF Level 4 and 2700 on NQF Level 1.
In 2022, it was accredited by The Quality Council for Trades and Occupations. There are 200 practitioners presently registered to do NQF Level 4 this year.
“The ECD migration from the Department of Social Development to Education happened in April last year. As such, we saw it befitting that as we celebrate one year of such a development, we focus our attention towards the ECD during this month as well. Our intention is to take stock of progress to date, take lessons, and address the impediments. We wish to improve the delivery of ECD from 0 to 4, and we will be visiting delivery sites throughout this month in the way of providing support to the sector,” said MEC Majuba.
After the visit to the ECDI, the MEC will address all Grade 12 learners of Ngwaritsane Circuit in Bushbuckridge as part of the MEC Motivational Sessions.
These learners are from Mmabatho, Ngwaritsane, Masilela, Diwiti, Magabotse, Bushbuckridge, and Marcia Mokoena Secondary Schools.
The Motivation Sessions will commence at 10H30.
Moreover, MEC also welcomes newly appointed members of Senior Management who started in their new areas of responsibility on the first week of April 2023, and they are:
- Senzangakhona Jan Mkhwanazi- Deputy Director General ( DDG)
- Chukudu Manyabeane – Chief Director: District Coordination & Management
- Elvis Siwela- Chief Director: General Education & Training & Education Support
- Richard Thwala – Director: Teacher Development & Governance
- Doris Hlungwani- Director: Curriculum Enrichment
- Dimakatso Matjee – Director: HR Benefits & Employee Wellness
- Karabo Mathebula- Director: Physical Resource Planning & Property Management
The Department of Mpumalanga congratulates these newly appointed senior managers and wishes them well in their new positions.