Nigeria: Professor Stella Effah-Attoe’ National Women leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), thanked all PDP Women across the Thirty Six States, Abuja and those in the Diaspora for their Support in Promoting the Programmes and Activities emanating from the Office of the PDP National Woman Leader.
It is a thing of joy to note that PDP Women have all worked with me in Harmony and Commitment towards the Growth and Development of our great Party, the PDP. I can not thank the Women enough, said the PDP leader.
She highlighted on Facebook, some of her Achievements (Even Within Very Limited Resources); she stated,” I became the National Woman Leader of our Party, in which the Women’s Support is invaluable:
– Organizing the PDP Women Leaders Summit comprising the PDP National Woman Leader, the PDP Deputy National Woman Leader, the 6 PDP Zonal Women Leaders, the 36 State Women Leaders, plus the FCT Woman Leader and Senior Female Party Stakeholders.
The National Chairman of our Party and Members of the National Working Committee (NWC) were in Attendance. The Summit was basically aimed at bringing the PDP Women Leaders together and Guiding them on how to grow and develop the Party in their various areas.
– Organizing the PDP Female Aspirants Summit, which is unprecedented in the History of the Party. 250 Female Aspirants were in Attendance. Papers were presented and discussions led by Resource Persons such as Amb. Nkoyo Toyo, Iyom Josephine Anenih, Hajiya Inna Ciroma Amb. Dr Kema Chikwe, Senator Stella Omu, Senator Zainab Kure, Princess Dr Omobolanle Ogundiran etc.
The main objective of this Summit was to present to the Female Aspirants, Basic Guidelines on how to Win in Party Primaries and emerge as Party Candidates. This endeavour yielded some form of Positive Results, even though not as big as we had expected.
At the end of the Exercise, the following emerged:
• 6 Female Deputy Governorship Candidates.
• 6 Female Senatorial Candidates.
• 18 Female House of Representatives Candidates.
• 39 Female State House of Assembly Candidates.
– Supporting Several PDP Women Summits and Conferences across the States and Zones under the leadership of State and Zonal Women Leaders and other critical stakeholders.
– Was Part of the Success Team that organized the May 2022 PDP Presidential National Convention. I served as the Chairperson of the Welfare and Entertainment Sub Committee.
Many people Testify to the Abundance and Overflow of Food, Drinks, Water etc., much more than had been seen in the recent Past. The entertainment was very Elaborate. All these are within Limited Resources.
– Made so many Media Appearances on National TV, Print Media and Social Media to discuss PDP affairs, Women’s Political issues and Gender-related discourse.
– Made Several Advocacy Moves calling for Women’s Inclusiveness in both Intra-Party Politics and in Governance generally.
– In Collaboration with the National Youth Leader, I organized a very Successful Sensitization and Enlightenment Campaign in the FCT and other Council Areas of Abuja on the importance of Voters Registration, the Collection of PVCs and the Proper use of PVCs. The General FCT and Abuja Public gained a lot from this Exercise.
– Issued Several Press Releases on Violence and Discrimination against Women in Politics. A Case in Point was the Elaborate World Press Conference I organized in Protest against the refusal of Nigeria’s National Assembly to Pass the Gender Equality Bills.
– Published Communiques on Women’s Position against Discrimination of Women in Politics with great condemnation of the gruesome murder of Mrs Salome Abu in Kogi State.
– Partnering with the International Republican Institute (IRI) on several occasions to organize Workshops in Lagos and Abuja towards Empowering PDP Women on Political and Electoral matters.
– At the various Summits, Conferences and Fora we had, I had charged all the PDP Women to build Synergy and Commonality towards Winning all the 2023 General Elections for our Party, from the Top to the Least. I also encouraged the Women to be Patriotic to the Course of our Party’s Goals, Objectives and Manifesto. In one of my Statements to the Women, I said.
“Women form the largest Cluster of Voters in Nigeria, and we can ensure Victory for our Party.” I had severally charged Women to Campaign from Door to Door, Ward to Ward, Village to Village, LGA to LGA, State to State, Zone to Zone, to ensure that PDP returns to Power in Nigeria in 2023. I have always clearly asserted that PDP must come out boldly to Rescue, Recover and Rebuild Nigeria.
– Since September 2022, following the inauguration of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council (PCC), I joined the PDP Campaign Train, Transversing the Length and Breath of Nigeria, Campaigning for the Election of our Party’s Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar GCON, the Waziri Adamawa.
– Since November 2022, following the inauguration of the PDP National Presidential Women Campaign Council (NPWCC), I have embarked on Strategizing through Organizing several meetings, for effective Mobilization of Nigerian Women in Particular and Nigerians in General, for Massive Votes for the PDP Presidential Candidate and other PDP Candidates, in the forthcoming 2023 General Elections.
By the Special Grace of God, as we enter the New Year in January 2023, in Collaboration with Our Grand Patrons and all the Officials and Members of the PDP National Presidential Women Campaign Council, we will Hit the Ground Running as we embark on our Zonal Movements.
She again thanked PDP Women for yielding to Admonitions by Hitting the Ground Running and carrying the Deliverance Mantra across the Country.
Then. she wishes to implore all PDP Women to use this Yuletide Break to Consolidate all they have been doing in order for the Party to gain Victory in 2023.
On Christmas celebrations, she urges all PDP Women, Christians, and Muslims alike to engage in Political Socialization for the Success of the PDP come 2023.