Nigeria: Extremist puts two people on the bounds of death and kidnapped 20 children in Nigeria’s Borno state. The Islamist military igniting up more than ten decades-long insurgency, as per community leader and residents said this on January 21.
On January 21, an attack took place on Piyemi village near Chibok town where prior to eight years, Boko Haram extremists kidnapped over 200 school girls during an attack that has ignited an overseas outcry.
According to the residents and the community leader, “the fighters from the Daesh in West Africa Province(DWAP) has stormed the city Piyemi on Thursday afternoon, in which they killed two men’s and kidnapped 13 girls and seven boys.”
They said, “the DWAP militants imitated dressing style of military, they came inside and started shooting and loot on the shops of the village and also started setting homes on fire.”
‘They shot two people and took away total 13 girls and seven boys, and they all were under the age group of 12 to 15 years,” says a local resident Samson Bulus.
As per the local resident of the village, ” the militants who attacked from nearby Sambisa forest herded the 20 abducted children and loaded them into a truck that they seized from the village and drove them into the forest.”
However, military officials were not available to give any statement on the attack.
But a local Chibok government official assured the attack without providing much details.
A community leader also provided similar details about the extremist assault and kidnapped children.
“This attack was the third attack in last few days and highlighted the risks villages around Chibok face from extremists, said Ayuba Alamson, the community leader from Chibok.
According to the UN children welfare agency UNICEF around 1,500 schoolchildren were kidnapped last year in 20 mass kidnappings in schools across the region, with 16 children losing their lives.
However, they released the rest of the children after detailed negotiations held between the kidnappers and the government.