Sudan protestors declines UN offer for talks with military forces

The Sudanese protest was going on. The leading Sudanese protest group rejected a United Nations initiative to negotiate talks with the military that desired to restore the country’s democratic transition following an October coup.

According to one activist, at least one demonstrator was killed during the protest when security forces violently broke up anti-coup demonstrations in Khartoum.


The move is like a blow to the international political standoff efforts and suggests that relentless street protests are likely to continue. From the start of the military protest, 60 people lost their lives.

The offer from the U.N. side came when the embattled Prime minister Abdalla Hamdok resigned and failed to compromise between the generals and the pro-democracy movement.

The October 25 corp stirred hopes of a peaceful transition over two years after a widespread revolt forced the military overthrow of longtime autocrat Omar al-Bashir and his Islamist authorities.

Their citizens want an entire civilian government to lead the transition, underlined by the motto “No negotiations, no compromise, no power-sharing” with the military.

The SPA has been the backbone of anti-coup protests, alongside childhood groups known as the Resistance Committees.

According to activist Nazim Sirag, protestors restarted their march past in Khartoum on Sunday, with security forces firing tear gas to scatter demonstrations near the presidential palace.


Security forces also fired opened fire on protestors in the Bahri capital and district, and one person lost his life, and another one suffered a gunshot in his leg, said Sirag.

Healthcare workers also joined the protest on Sunday’s, demanding that the government give us the security that the taking all the responsibility that the hospitals are safe, which security forces have repeatedly stormed during demonstrations.

During the protest, a young protestor also died in the hospital on Sunday from his injuries. His name was “Alaa el-din Adel”, who was just 17 was shot dead because he got a bullet in his neck during Thursday’s protests in Khartoum’s twin city of Omdurman.

According to Volker Perthes, the U.S. representative of Sudan, the talks would be inclusive to reach a sustainable path towards democracy and peace in the country.

He added that it’s time to end the protest and enter into a constructive process. This process will be inclusive.