Provincial Commissioner Thembi Hadebe commits murder, kills one year old infant

South Africa: Provincial Commissioner of South African Police Service in Limpopo – Lieutenant General Thembi Hadebe has committed a child murder. It was a brutal and senseless killing of a one-year-old child.

The incident happened on Sunday, May 26, 2024 around 10:30 a.m. at Ga-Makanye Village in Mankweng policing area.


Reportedly, the Police has responded to a complaint of murder. On arriving at the incident spot, they found the community members have gathered at the crime scene, located nearby bushes next to the local church.

The South African Police began with the initial investigation and discovered the body of the one-year-old boy which was buried in a shallow grave with only the hands visible.

As per the sources, the murder case was then opened and as of now the identity of the deceased and the motive behind the heinous act are still unknown.

South African Police Services Lieutenant General Hadebe said that the Provincial Commissioner has expressed profound shock and condemnation of the senseless act.

General Hadebe also added to his statement that the loss of an innocent child in such a violent manner is absolutely heart breaking and completely unacceptable.

The Provincial Commissioner assured the community that every possible resource is being deployed to apprehend all those who are responsible for this brutal crime and killing an innocent.


Such crimes are increasing frequently in the province and children are being harmed continuously. In an unrelated case that happened on Saturday, May 25, 2024 a girl aged 13 was allegedly raped.

The police in Tubatse under Sekhukhune District have intensified a manhunt for a known male suspected to be the criminal. The incident occurred in Madiseng Village around 7:00 p.m. in the evening.

As per the police reports, the mother of the victim has received a phone call from her sister to inform her about the incident and that her daughter has been raped at the Village.

The mother, after hearing about this allegedly drove to her sister’s place in the Madiseng Village and on arrival her sister told her that her daughter was invited to attend a friend’s birthday party at the vicinity next to a local Church.

Later the victim was reportedly seen leaving the party with a known male. The aunt of the victim tried to call her several times but the cellphone of the mother of the girl was switched off.

Upon searching for the victim by her aunt and relatives ensued until they arrived at a certain homestead and knocked on the door.

The suspect then opened the door and was asked about the whereabouts of a 13-year-old girl. He told them that he never saw the victim and they forced entry to gain access to the house and they found the teenage girl naked on the bed.

The victim then allegedly told her aunt that she was raped by a known male suspect who fled away from the scene on foot immediately after they entered the house. The incident was then reported to the police who opened a case of rape.